We are teamalrightythen, an amature team of computational guru's stepping up to the Netflix prize challenge.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Hey, whats this all about..
I decided to hop on the Netflix contest band wagon. I even managed to recruit my daughter, afterall she does have an amazingly creative and intuitive mind. So, whats this contest all about? Well, mostly about numbers, and lots of them. Check the links out on the right for more info and check back here for our updates. We'll be building a database server tonight, not sure yet if it will be Linux or Windows as its only job will be to serve the data. I'm thinking Linux with MySQL or something similar. We have an extra older PC lying around to will fit perfectly into this role. Better check wit the wife first though. I expect the database needs to exceed 1 billion records once everything is loaded so some research in is order. See ya later...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment